Tuesday, September 26, 2006

life experiences

I just read a blog that touched my heart. It's written by a girl, so it has a girl's point of view. I translate:
every relationship that ends in a break-up, changes the girl's personality a little. Either she becomes crazy, liberal, or democrat. Although the girl may comes back to "normal", there's something in her that made her different than before. The wound is too deep and makes a scar that will make her not as before
That's really a grim way to look at life experiences. In this particular case, love.

Life brings many experiences, both good and bad. Bad life experience can give you a deep wound. It could be love, friendship, religious, politics; you name it.

There was a time when I felt betrayed by many of my close friends. They didn't care whether I live or die. That gave me a really deep wound and for a while, I'm very cautious about making friends. But I realized that I have the power to learn from that bad experience. Instead of letting that bad experience hurting me, I could become wiser and more understanding. Although it's not easy, I do have that option, I'm taking it, and I'm still learning from it.
There was another time where I was really hurt by a girl. I had a grim look at love for quite a long while. But I'm learning from that too.

As long as we have our memories, the scar that life gives will always leave a mark. However, that scar mark doesn't have to hurt. It can help us to become more mature, wiser, and more gentle towards others. On the other side, it can also make us pessimistic, cynical, and cold toward others. We have a choice. One is harder than the other. In this case, the road less traveled is harder but bears more fruit.

I learned from my bad experiences that life pain, especially when it's close to you, really hurts. Learning from that, I do not want others to experience these pains. But if they do, I want them to know that they have options. And when they take the more difficult option, they could be a better person. It's hard, but it's not impossible. And if you're a Christian, I'm sure you've learned that you can learn about love through pain and suffering.

I do not want to make this blog to be too long. But for whatever its worth, I hope this helps others.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tasia said...

huhuw... U can mention my name kok Ko Mario..
but, for my evrybody convinience, I'll just say dat girl he's quoting is MOA.. but.. its actually my sisters word.. hoho..

11:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks mario, that's exactly I need to hear :)

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Tasia said...

I touch your heart? *waiting fo ko Mar to cry..
(cmon cry.. cmon.. *poke2)

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Fountain of Useless Information said...

hiks... hiks... Tas... can you please stop poking.. i can't help but cry when you poke me in the eye... :P

<hiks!>

11:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

true that! true that!!.... Past life experiences shape and mold us into who we are today. I am more inclined to say that we become more realistic and overly cautious. And yes, pessimism and being a cynic sometimes follow after going through bad experiences in life.

I agree it is tough for us to be the same exact person as before when we all started out. It is such a challenge for us to look beyond past hurts and to make a conscious choice to move on. Even when we have made that choice, it is rarely that simple to follow it through. And some won't get over past hurts/mistakes in their lifetime. But I don't condemn them. It is ideal to learn from our past negative experiences and turn this into something positive; however, not everyone is capable of doing that.

I applaud those who are able to turn a new leaf after a bad situation. And true that this can possibly make that person 'a better person in the end'. But sometimes I wonder is it worth going through all the pain and hurt, be scarred for life and lose our innocence just for the sake of 'learning'? Are we just trying to pacify ourselves and rationalize the fact that "....Oh yeaah.. after all that we've been through, at least we know and learn so and so...." Are we fooling ourselves to make us feel better? It IS a human defense mechanism technique to rationalize in our heads so that we come to a conclusion that we most feel comfortable with and that we are able to deal with. If we had a choice in the beginning, would we still choose go through all the pain and hurt for the sake of learning??

Everyone on this mother earth is somehow trying to survive and live this so called LIFE phenomenon. We all make our best attempts at life however we know best. We do what we need to do to survive. And we do what feels most comfortable for us. That is human nature.



Much love now,
Ria<:-D

12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEH ! Ria's paragraph 3 ... I never thought of it that way before.
Dasar ... tambang pusing deh sekarang ....

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Fountain of Useless Information said...

If going through pain "just for the sake of 'learning'", then I wouldn't think it's worth it.
However, I think it's worth it for the sake of "living".
There's a risk of hurt and pain in loving somebody. But I wouldn't stop loving.
There's a risk of hurt and pain in caring for others. But I wouldn't stop caring.
There's a risk of hurt and pain in making friends. But I wouldn't stop making friends.
There's a risk of hurt and pain in living. But I wouldn't stop living.

The hope and promise of happiness in loving, caring, making friends, and living are too great to ignore. The promise of loneliness and depression in not loving, not caring, and not making friends are also too great to ignore. And ending it all (not living), it's a bad way to stop all the happiness that'll come if you live your life.

Learning is not goal of experiencing life. Learning is part of what we do in living our life. There'll be happiness, sadness, and everything in between when we live. Learning is a mechanism that we use to cope with sadness and mechanism we use to get more happiness. If we learn from our hurt and pain, then we can move on from that pain AND know better how to live a happy life. If we don't, then we'll always be in pain, not letting go, and prone to get the same pain because we don't know how to avoid it the next time :)

Learning is only part of what we do in life. Sadness, is a motivation to seek happiness in life. Happiness, is the motivation to live.

11:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looove open forums and discussions ya know peeps!!<:-D So give it to me now!.. Give it to me good!!!:D Excuse moi, got a lil too excited here....


Yes... I agree with the fact that we need to learn from our past mistakes and move on in life. I think that that we pretty much have no choice but to learn and try to not repeat what's happened in the past, really. That goes without saying because none of us would intentionally want to inflict pain and hurt onto ourselves. No one chooses to live in misery for the rest of their lives if they had a choice. That has to do with our survival instict. And as human beings, we are equipped to help ouselves to make better life situations at any given time. I hope no one sits in the corner waiting around in misery until they expire (although I've heard and known some horror stories)because of bad life experiences. That is called hopelessness.

And true, there are always risks in life and love. There are no guarantees in life and we can only hope for the best in everything, literally.

So yes, unless we decide to live in a state of hopelessness after we have failed in the past, then we better get up and pick ourselves up and move on.... (easier said than done):D and once again seek happiness... And I agree that learning is a means to and end for us to cope with past hurts and pain in our lifes. Hopefully, our goal IS to be happy and personally fulfilled in life.

Though did you know that it is actually not everyones' goals to be HAPPY IN LIFE? Happiness is a basic need where we live now. In other parts of the world, happiness is a luxury in life. And I don't even have to look that far because I know that too many people amongst us, too, actually do not have happiness as a goal in their lives. Happiness to some is actually a foreign concept. We all know what its definition is. We all have at least one dictionary that's accessible to us. But I am talking about happiness as it applies in life. But this is a completely different topic all together now :D:D:D


Always Much Luv,
Nik Ria:D

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Fountain of Useless Information said...

Yeah, happiness means different things to different people. When I said happiness, I meant it in a very broad way that includes satisfaction and fullfillment. So, when I was really hungry and I was able to eat, I'm happy :)
And in extreme condition, if I'm chased by whoever wants to take my life, and I was able to get away, I'm happy. That's the kind of happiness I meant. I just didn't want to distract from my main point in the previous comment.

I agree with Ucup, you should start a blog... maybe you can post happiness as your first post!! :P

11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D:D:D:D:D okay... sorry for the late reaction here, Mar:D Actually my reaction to your jokes above was in time, but I just didn't publish it rite away.. but you're hella funny, here!!.. and in person, too... so have you thot abt doing stand-up comedy??... I know... I know... You are now the drummer for Neptune's Favor.. which makes you officially a musician or a MUSIC ARTIST! Thaz great! im glad you pursued it.. coz dude, u rock!!<:-D Yeaaayy!Yeaaayy!... I love cheerin on for ma frens... I looove ENTERTAINMENT! I live for it! It's quite easy to keep me happy... ENTERTAIN me and I'll be your best friend! Thaz rite! I always support ma frens and luv it when they are in entertainment...Uh huh..they ain't callin me mama drama for nothin baybee!<;-D So.. letz get back to bizniz and keep this rollin....

O one more thing... I luv responsive folks! So where ma peeps at???:D


Much luv!
Ria:P

p.s. im havin too much fun in ur blog, so lets all continue on yours 1st....:)

10:44 PM

 
Blogger Tasia said...

haha.. gila.. seru banget..

tck2..

like your comment ko mar..

hihi..

hahha.. dats a good respon ko mar.. (poke di mata lagi.. *oh no.. I'm getting barbaric..)


btw, ini ria mana sih?
ci Ria kahh?
anyways..
you should start a blog..
I'll be your first commenter..

yayyyy *ikutan cheer ko mar..*

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallow Tasia!!
How ya doin' honey?!<:-D Iya it's moi, Ria.. the 1 that u see on Sundays... wht have u been up to?

I see you also like to give feedbacks on peeps' blogs... very nice!

I'll letcha know when i start my own and then make sure u contribute some ya gurlie:D thanks!


Take care now, much luv & GB,
Ria:D

10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home